Weston is a suburban community in Broward County, Florida, United States. Established as a city in 1996, much of the community was developed by Arvida/JMB Realty and is located near the western developmental boundary of Broward County. It is the most western city in Broward County, and its entire west side is next to the Everglades. Approximately 27 square miles in land size, with a population of 65,734. Weston is part of the Miami–Fort Lauderdale–Pompano Beach Metropolitan Statistical Area, which was home to 5,564,635 people at the 2010 census.
Weston has the distinction of having:
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools;
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County;
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues;
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park;
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County;
- The lowest millage rate in the County;
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County;
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets: rows of prestigious Royal Palms and city entry signs surrounded by lush foliage which also lines the berms, medians and rights-of-ways throughout the city.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.